fixed Monthly Rate: $8,500 | $49/hr
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer and Java Developer with a BSc degree in Computer Systems Engineering, and over twelve years of commercial development experience. Working across the software lifecycle, from concept and design through to development, support, and testing. Previous projects have included restful APIs, microservices, multithread, client-server applications, development of mobile and web banking applications, and Web development with J2EE, JSF, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, and Wicket.
- Creating Restful microservices APIs using Java, Eclipse, Spring Boot, Maven, and Hibernate for development and Junit and Mockito for testing. Also creating cloud services with AWS like lambda, kinesis, Fifo queues, and S3. For Databases using SQL and Postgres.
- Working as Fullstack web and backend developer using different technologies like React, Android, Kotlin, Node, Java, Spring, Maven, and others.
- Created backend API using spring and node, and also created a SAM API using AWS lambda.
- Working with AWS services like Lambda functions, Dynamo DB, S3, EC2, ECS, Secrets Manager, Cloud Watch, and
- Implementing Scrum methodology using Jira and following Git Flow using Git for code repository.
- Created Web Pages using React and Redux.
- Added some enhancements to the Android app following Clean Architecture.
Senior Software Engineer — Jul 2018 – Jan 2020
- Worked as a Frontend developer, creating new features and enhancements for an angular web portal for the health insurance sector. Worked with Angular 7 and Angular JS for the frontend side.
- Developed new features, enhancements, and bug fixing for some Web Portals for Movistar/Telefonica.
- Created new functionality using Java and rhino for Telefonica systems.
- Used other tools like putty, bitvise, WinSCP, and confluence.
- Created new features for Spring project with Spring boot, AWS (SQS, Kinesis, Lambda).
Citi Value in Real Time
Senior Software Engineer — Mar 2017 – Jul 2018
- As Android Developer, I already developed an application called Transfer in the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citi.transfer).
- Developed new features, enhancements, and bug fixing for a Native Android app called Transfer which is owned by Telcel and is already in the play store.
- Used Java and Android studio for development and Git for the code repository. Developed a new feature for the app called “Tandas”, which has the functionality to create groups like WhatsApp and add a profile picture and create chats following the mockups and architecture we developed the functionality.
- Used Android Studio, Git, Jira, OpenPPM, and Java.Tech Stack: Postman API, Soap UI, MS Azure, Scrum, Selenium Web Driver with Java.
Dextra Technologies – HP
Senior Java Software Engineer — Feb 2014 – Oct 2015
- Worked on the HP Split project playing a vital role as a Java lead across the MDM Program Team in successfully implementing Business Day 1 and Split Management Office activities.
- Worked with MDM Informatica tool, Oracle database, and Java web services to clean and migrate some records from databases and get the Golden Records.
- As Tech Lead, I oversaw 5 engineers and delegated tasks depending on their skills.
- Used Agile Manager and Team Foundation Server for managing the Sprints, Stories, and Tasks.
- Worked with the agile methodology having scrum meetings every day with people from US and India. Was Scrum
Master backup and sometimes led the standup meetings; also took Planning, Retrospective, and Demo
- Following the MVC pattern, Developed a web Portal with JSF 2.0 and rich faces for the front end. Used Tomcat as a web
container and Eclipse as IDE. In the backend, worked with Hibernate as ORM to persist data in SQL database using Rest
- Worked with a tool called Operations Orchestrations to create automated flows.
- Was part of the development team to create the portal where the servers for the Cloud are requested. Worked with
- Was involved in developing a UI portal with Spring, built with Maven, and used JBoss as an application server.
Java Software Engineer — Jan 2013 – Feb 2014
- Worked on migrations from a Java web application to a mobile one.
- Worked with Apache Wicket, JSP, and web services to solve defects and develop application enhancements. Worked with JUnit to test the code before promoting it to other environments. Worked with the TDD
- Worked with WebSphere Application Server, RTC, and RSA tools. Configured some things like libraries in the
- Used RTC as Version Controller and followed the agile methodology.
- Helped to do interviews for the new Java candidates.
- Oversaw a team of 3 engineers.
Java Software Engineer — Oct 2011 – Dec 2012
- Analysis requirements and design of some documents using UML.
- Developed some Software applications with Java.
- Made enhancements for some web applications with JSF, Struts, and Web Services.
- Created the reset password page with the JSF framework. This password was taken from a properties file and
implemented an MD5 encryption method to hide the password from the user and have more security.
- Created a SOAP web service with a WSDL to consult the errors and warnings from a log file. Showed the results in a pie
chart on the web page.
- Developed desktop applications with Java swing. One of them was a vacation planner, I Created the data table with a
swing and filled it with the data from a properties file.
- Worked with Korn shell scripting (Unix) and DB2.
- Supported, gave maintenance, and developed some java applications.
- Worked with systems like a Point of sale and the Administration application.
- These applications were built in Java. One of them with applets and the other one with Struts and Spring.
- The persistency was managed with IBatis and the database with DB2.
Tata Consultancy Services
Software Developer — Oct 2010 – Oct 2011
- Analysis and Design of some enhancements and developments in the applications for the business process.
- Took a J2SE course as training before starting to work.
- Utilized the jQuery Library to have more dynamic web pages.
- I took courses like Support Central Certification and Global English to prepare me.
- Also helped coworkers with their tasks.
- Used to have meetings with Indian and American people.
Full CV and LinkedIn profile provided upon request.
- Tech Lead – 4 years
- Scrum Master – 2 years
- Linux – 4 years
- Android – 4 years
- Windows – 12 years
- Angular – 4 years
- React – 1 year
- VueJs – 1 year
- Java – 12 years
- NodeJs – 4 years
- Android (Java/kotlin) – 4 years
- Java – 12 years
- HTML – 8 years
- Korn shell – 1 year
- CSS – 8 years
- Struts – 2 years
- JSF – 3 years
- Spring – 5 years
- Angular – 4 years
- Backbone Marionette – 1 year
- Hibernate – 5 years
- Wicket – 1 year
- Scrum – 10 years
- Jira – 8 years
- Asana – 4 years
- Trello – 4 years
- WebSphere – 2 years
- Glassfish – 2 years
- Tomcat – 4 years
- Jboss – 2 years
- AWS (SQS, Kinesis, Lambda, EC2, S3, IAM, Dynamo, S3) – 5 years
- Google Cloud Platform (App Engine, Cloud Storage) – 1 year
- UML – 4 years
- Confluence – 7 years
- Junit – 6 years
- TDD – 2 years
- Mockito – 3 years
- Data Base:
- MySQL – 4 years
- SQL – 4 years
- DB2 – 1 year
- Oracle – 2 years
- Postgres – 2 years
- MongoDB – 4 years
- Firebase – 1 year
- SQLite – 2 years
- Maven – 7 years
- Ant – 1 year
- Gradle – 3 years
- spring Boot – 4 years
- XML – 7 years
- JSP – 2 years
- Servlet – 2 years
- iReports – 4 years
- JPA – 4 years
- Prime faces – 2 years
- Web Services:
- Soap – 3 years
- Restful – 6 years
- SoapUI – 2 years
- postman – 7 years
- swagger UI – 2 years
- Code Versioning:
- StarTeam – 1 year
- ClearCase – 1 year
- RTC – 1 year
- TortoiseSVN – 1 year
- Gerrit – 1 year
- Git – 6 years
- TFS – 1 year
- Gitlab – 4 years
- Eclipse – 6 years
- NetBeans – 6 years
- RSA – 1 year
- Android Studio – 4 years
- Brackets – 2 years
- IntelliJ – 4 years
- Visual Studio – 5 years
- Sublime – 1 year
- Computer Systems Engineering Tecnológico de Ciudad Guzmán 2004- 2009
CERTIFICATIONS & COURSES
- International Congress of Informatics and Computer Systems – October 2008
- Basics of programming on mobile devices – October 2008
- SOHO Wireless Specialization Linksys by Cisco –April 2009
- Certificate in Java Programming (J2SE) at NIIT – 2010
- Certificate in Java (J2SE, J2EE, Android) at ITESO – 2012
- English Diploma PDU at Proulex – 2012
- Oracle Certified Java Programmer 6 – 2014
- Android Certified Programmer – 2016
Book A Meeting
Sonatafy Engineers are 100% ready to deploy to help supplement your software development process. Simply complete this form and our Executive Team will help guide you through the next steps.