DevOps Engineer Summary
DevOps Engineer with over the last 10+ years, I have been creating and leading projects as a software engineer delivering reliable solutions in cooperation with multidisciplinary teams. This includes elicitation and analysis of the client’s procedures and legacy systems and estimation of costs, design, development, test, implementation, and support of software systems using the most appropriate technologies for the problem.
Solving problems is my passion and developing solutions that will benefit the people working with them gives me a sense that one is helping achieve something that would otherwise not be possible. Technology has the power to improve our lives and bring society forward
MAR 2021 – PRESENT
- Achieved full automation of development environment with CloudFormation and Docker Compose.
- Design and development of the infrastructure of the business as well as giving support in the CI/CD.
- Responsible for the automatic generation and publishing of Coverage Reports using GitHub Actions.
- Planning of migration from MySQL 5.6 on a container to MySQL 8 on RDS
- Normalization of Python versions being used on services.
- Educate customers on the CI/CD process and training and mentoring of new members of the team.
- Development and maintenance of scripts for the automatic generation of AWS Stacks using Cloudformation.
- DevOps R&D. Currently working on setting up a standard procedure for testing and deployment of the project.
JUN 2019 – MAR 2021
- Member of the Software Build Automation and Infrastructure Team dedicated to giving support in the CI process and responsible for all of the infrastructure needed.
- Reporting Jenkins’ job status and support to customers when a job fails.
- Responsible for the website that aids the users in the creation of the Jenkins jobs.
- Educate customers on the CI process and training and mentoring of new members of the team.
- DevOps R&D and validation of viability of which ones could be used with our setup.
APR 2018 – APR 219
- Analyze, test, and enhance the system’s back-end code’s efficiency, stability, security, and scalability.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and implementation of new tools and the system’s capabilities.
- Functionality, usability, reliability, security, and API documentation test on REST API.
- Application maintenance and production support.
- Mentoring and support of peers.
- Blockchain and Trading R&D.
JUL 2015 – APR 2018
- Lead the migration and adaptation of desktop LIMS system written on C over QNX to C# over Windows.
- Coordinated the migration of legacy systems while analyzing and estimating the integration of legacy functionality on the current development.
- Used Scrum to manage the team while keeping the MS Project updated to make the appropriate reporting to management.
- Industry X.0 R&D
JUL 2009 – JUL 2015
- Analysis and design of a web-based LIMS application that enabled Quality Department Management to know the operations of the different laboratories in a single platform accessible with different authorization levels.
- Lead the migration and adaptation of web-based LIMS application to desktop applications written in C over QNX.
- Performed elicitation, analysis, design, and development of new requirements.
- Attended meetings with Laboratory Equipment suppliers to help management in the choice of the most appropriate equipment as well as to get sure that the suppliers made the right configurations to the equipment to ensure compatibility with the current system.
- R&D on barcodes, industrial robot arm (ABB), steel testing equipment, serial and Ethernet raw communication.
DevOps Engineer / IT Project Engineer
APR 2009 – JUL 2009
- Analysis and design of a web-based LIMS application for tracking and reporting of results of quality tests.
- Steel sheets galvanizing process, as well as tubes and profiles making process.
Technologies and tools
PROGRAMING LANGUAGES AND FRAMEWORKS
- Github Actions
- Docker Compose
- Visual Studio
- MS Visio
- MS Project
- MS Excel
- SQL Server
- Bitcoin API
The Sonatafy Advantage
The Company’s software service offerings are widely recognized as “best of breed”, targeting enterprises ranging from Small to Medium Sized businesses through Fortune 500 companies to better help:
- Maximize the entire software development life-cycle investment
- Executives and managers trust the development process, which helps reduce micromanagement, allowing increased focus on day-to-day business decisions
What makes Sonatafy unique?
- US based management providing thought leadership, oversight and consulting
- Speed of proposals and solution delivery
- Low employee attrition rate <7%
- Operating history and marquee clients
- Proven recruiting and screening systems/processes
- Align solution to client needs
- Ongoing management / oversight of career growth and continued education for placed resources, which is unique in our industry
- We offer comprehensive code audits
While Sonatafy works well in any industry, the Company has achieved significant traction and domain expertise in several high-profile sectors such as:
- Healthcare, Financial Services, Software Services, SaaS and Consumer Products
Why Choose Sonatafy
Voted #1 Most Trusted US-Based Nearshore Software Company of 2020, Sonatafy provides access to the TOP 1% of Software Development resources in Latin America.
With Sonatafy, you pay $40 to $70 per hour for Top-Tier Software Development Talent! Sonatafy's Talent Acquisition can place qualified engineers in as quick as two weeks, guaranteeing you best-in-class service.
Our Developers Engineers:
✓ Highly qualified, top tier talent
✓ Proficient English-speaking, affordable
✓ Resources placed to match your time zone
Sonatafy can AUDIT, VISUALIZE, TRANSFORM, VERIFY, and MAINTAIN your complete development lifecycle. For more information on securing our Development Engineers, check out our case studies or contact us today.